When Moving Keep These Things In Mind


The world is evolving and with time, we need to change ourselves to stay on course. Smartphones were once a part of sci-fi movies, cameras were some heavy piece of equipment and music was limited to iPods and mp3 players. But our genius scientists have brought everything together and given a single device that can do all the things we can think of. I am a camera collector and have hundreds of vintage cameras in my home in different kinds of showcases that I got a custom built to fit all the products. From Polaroids to DSLR I have almost every kind of camera.


What inspired me to be a camera collector?

The craving for camera collection started almost 15 years back when I saw people carrying various kinds of cameras during my trip to Canada. I was at Niagra falls getting my photo clicked with a very simple single lens canon camera with no zoom. And beside me was a family who had this big premium looking camera which looked advanced way ahead of time. So I got curious and started studying about cameras and the accessories that we can attach with the cameras to improve its performance. 


I had no idea that the camera I had was an old-school product and lacked every feature. So I went to the market and bought a new camera to test. I was shocked by the results. My old camera made me feel as if I was living in stone age. Slowly, steadily I started collecting cameras both old and new. 

Soon I realized that I was out of space and need to move to a new place. As a collector, I had got more responsibilities as I had to focus on preserving every single piece. I looked around couldn't find any help so I asked for help from the internet. At first, I thought I can move the house myself but these valuable items are delicate and a small mistake can cost me 100s of dollars. I tried reading blogs like 





After reading, I understood that I am unfit for moving as I need help from professionals to move my stuff. During my online search, I found one firm,  CBD Movers Brisbane that has been performing all kind of moving tasks for over a decade now. I called them instantly and in a few hours they were at my doorstep with the packing material and moving trucks. They analyzed the complete house and started explaining that I have no reason to panic as they will move my collection cautiously. I saw them packing all my cameras one by one and wrapping it in bubble wrap and boxes. I had a sigh of relief when they loaded all the stuff in their trucks and in 24 hours I was in my new home unpacking. 

For my cameras, I had got new showcases designed. I had a design of mixture of wood & glass in mind and have shared the same with carpenters. They showed me one or two samples and I knew what I was aiming for. They completed the process in two weeks time and I got this done in advance as I had planned a minimal time when moving to a new place. So I started placing all the products and with right kind of lights, It is a view that you would want to see every night before going to sleep. 

Comments

  1. Anyone looking for organizing Bond Cleaning Gold Coast for their rental property needs to see this. I will definitely share this useful piece of information with my friends and neighbours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment